In Year 2, the children develop their independent learning approaches within a supportive and considerate environment. The Year 2 team work closely together to create a thorough curriculum that inspires children to embrace learning challenges.
- 2 Maurice - Miss Lee, Mrs Parker & Mrs Mustafarj
- 2 Kahlo - Miss Knight, Miss Mills & Miss Brack
- 2 Klimt - Mr Ebsworth, Mrs Hinde & Mrs Holder
We are lucky to be supported by our HLTA, Miss Heycock
- Published: Friday, 26 May 2023 16:30
- Written by Year Two
In DT this week the children got to make their very own healthy wraps. They carefully chose their ingredients to make sure that the wraps included a range of nutrients and then they practised their cutting and assembling skills. The children really enjoyed tasting the wraps and carrying out an evaluation about what went well and considering any improvements that they could make next time.
Year 2 Blog Posts
Helping at Home
Ways to help at home
- Read every day
- Practise your spellings and common exception words
- As you read spot the sounds in words, can you find digraphs (two letters that make one sound) and trigraphs (three letters that make one sound)?
- Count in 2s, 5s and 10s forwards and backwards
- Learn your number bonds for all numbers to 20 (e.g number bonds to 7 are 1+6, 2+5, 3+4, etc.)
- Practise telling the time to the hour, quarter past, half past, quarter to and as an extra challenge to 5 minute intervals (five past, ten past etc.)
- Practise letter formation using the correct pencil grip and develop fine motor skills (peg pressing, picking pasta shells/rice with tweezers)