In Year 2, the children develop their independent learning approaches within a supportive and considerate environment. The Year 2 team work closely together to create a thorough curriculum that inspires children to embrace learning challenges.
- 2 Maurice - Miss Lee, Mrs Hinde and Mrs Dempsey
- 2 Kahlo - Miss Knight and Mrs Parker
- 2 Magritte - Mrs Coleman, Mrs H Douglas and Miss Masson
We are lucky to be supported by our HLTA, Mrs Cressey.
- Reading books are changed fortnightly on a Friday. Children need to bring their reading books to school each day for independent reading as well as adult reading time.
- Children will visit the school library on a Monday (2 Magritte), Tuesday (2 Maurice) and Friday (2 Kahlo).
- Our PE days are Wednesday and Thursday (2 Maurice/ 2 Magritte) and Thursday and Friday (2 Kahlo). In the colder months the children will need appropriate clothing for the cold weather- black or navy tracksuit bottoms and dark hoodie (please avoid patterns).
- Home learning will be added onto Seesaw every Friday. It will be due in by the following Friday.
You will find our curriculum information further down the page!
- Published: Friday, 22 October 2021 16:16
- Written by Year Two
This week we took a trip to Abington park. We explored some of the different physical and human geographical features that we could see along the way and we carefully considered the route that we took. After half term we will be putting our observational and mapping skills into practise as we will be drawing a map of the route and using a key to demonstrate the features that we observed.
We had an enjoyable time! Please see below pictures of our walk.
The Year 2 Team
Year 2 Blog Posts
Helping at Home
Ways to help at home
- Read every day
- Practise your spellings and common exception words
- As you read spot the sounds in words, can you find digraphs (two letters that make one sound) and trigraphs (three letters that make one sound)?
- Count in 2s, 5s and 10s forwards and backwards
- Learn your number bonds for all numbers to 20 (e.g number bonds to 7 are 1+6, 2+5, 3+4, etc.)
- Practise telling the time to the hour, quarter past, half past, quarter to and as an extra challenge to 5 minute intervals (five past, ten past etc.)
- Practise letter formation using the correct pencil grip and develop fine motor skills (peg pressing, picking pasta shells/rice with tweezers)