School closed - Easter holiday
29 Mar 2021 - 09 Apr 2021
School closed - Teacher Training Day
12 Apr 2021
School closed - May Bank Holiday
03 May 2021
Year 2 Blog Posts
Iraj likes to squeeze pipette steadily and managed 60 drops on a penny
The best insulator was felt and the worst was newspaper. Theo
I love science. I really liked the blubber glove because it kept our hands warm.
Jude enjoyed this experiment, pennies can hold a lot of drops of water! Jude managed 101 drops on hi...
I loved when Sarah talked to us about the Polar ice caps and the experiments of how ice melts. It wa...
Helping at Home
Ways to help at home
- Read every day
- Practise your spellings and common exception words
- As you read spot the sounds in words, can you find digraphs (two letters that make one sound) and trigraphs (three letters that make one sound)?
- Count in 2s, 5s and 10s forwards and backwards
- Learn your number bonds for all numbers to 20 (e.g number bonds to 7 are 1+6, 2+5, 3+4, etc.)
- Practise telling the time to the hour, quarter past, half past, quarter to and as an extra challenge to 5 minute intervals (five past, ten past etc.)
- Practise letter formation using the correct pencil grip and develop fine motor skills (peg pressing, picking pasta shells/rice with tweezers)