- Published: Tuesday, 27 February 2018 19:40
- Written by Year Three
Lots of you have asked for the recipes for the tasty vegetable soup and the nutritious energy bars that we made on our 'Wow' days!
Below are the recipes for both. If you make either the soup or the energy bars, be sure to comment below. You could even post a picture!
Vegetables of your choice (we used carrots, spring onions and potatoes)
2 tbsp oil
500 ml vegetable stock
1. Peel and chop the vegetables into small pieces.
2. Fry the spring onions in the oil until they soften.
3. Add the other vegetables.
4. Add the stock and cover. Simmer until the vegetables are soft.
5. Blend until smooth and then season with pepper or fresh herbs.
Ingredients: (To make a tray)
200g rolled oats
60g Rice Krispies
A choice of fruit to flavour your bars: raisins, chopped apple, dried apricots
1. In a large bowl, combine Rice Krispies, oats and your choice of fruit
2. Add the honey and melted butter
3. Mix to combine
4. Transfer the mixture into a baking tray, then use slightly wet hands to push evenly down into the tray.
5. While the mixture is still soft, slice into desired size bars.
6. Chill in the fridge until firm.