In Year 2, the children develop their independent learning approaches within a supportive and considerate environment. The Year 2 team work closely together to create an exciting and connected curriculum that inspires children to embrace learning challenges.
2 Rousseau – Mrs Coleman and Mrs Hinde
2 Matisse – Miss McDonnell, Miss Peal and Miss Cressey
2 Monet – Miss Barker, Miss Heycock and Ms Gadd
· Reading books are changed every Tuesday and Thursday. Children need to bring their reading books to school each day.
· Children will visit the school library every Wednesday
· Our PE days are flexible so the days may change. Therefore, please ensure your child has their PE kit in school (clearly labelled) with trainers that they can fasten independently. In the colder months the children will need appropriate clothing for the cold weather.
· Super-Learner Mission books are due back on Thursday.
· Our weekly spelling quiz is on a Friday morning and the following week’s spellings will be handed out on Tuesdays.
You will find our curriculum information further down the page!
Getting sporty and Easter craft
- Published: Friday, 23 March 2018 16:21
- Written by Year Two
We have had a fun filled week with lots of different learning. We have had great fun outside for sport relief completing the obstacle course. Thank you to year 5 and 6 for helping us find our way around the course.
We have also been thinking about our positive growth mindset as we attempted to create some Easter themed origami. After a couple of attempts we managed to do it, showing us that if we keep trying we can succeed. We learned a lot about Easter traditions around the world and were amazed at some of the cool things that go on in different countries. Then, we made our own Easter bunnies and eggs to represent the traditions we have in the UK.
Year 2 Blog Posts
Helping at Home
Ways to help at home
- Read every day
- Practise your spellings and common exception words
- As you read spot the sounds in words, can you find digraphs (two letters that make one sound) and trigraphs (three letters that make one sound)?
- Count in 2s, 5s and 10s forwards and backwards
- Learn your number bonds for all numbers to 20 (e.g number bonds to 7 are 1+6, 2+5, 3+4, etc.)
- Practise telling the time to the hour, quarter past, half past, quarter to and as an extra challenge to 5 minute intervals (five past, ten past etc.)
- Practise letter formation using the correct pencil grip and develop fine motor skills (peg pressing, picking pasta shells/rice with tweezers)