In Year 2, the children develop their independent learning approaches within a supportive and considerate environment. The Year 2 team work closely together to create an exciting and connected curriculum that inspires children to embrace learning challenges.
2 Rousseau – Mrs Coleman and Mrs Hinde
2 Matisse – Miss McDonnell, Miss Peal and Miss Cressey
2 Monet – Miss Barker, Miss Heycock and Ms Gadd
· Reading books are changed every Tuesday and Thursday. Children need to bring their reading books to school each day.
· Children will visit the school library every Wednesday
· Our PE days are flexible so the days may change. Therefore, please ensure your child has their PE kit in school (clearly labelled) with trainers that they can fasten independently. In the colder months the children will need appropriate clothing for the cold weather.
· Super-Learner Mission books are due back on Thursday.
· Our weekly spelling quiz is on a Friday morning and the following week’s spellings will be handed out on Tuesdays.
You will find our curriculum information further down the page!
What a sunny Sports Day!
- Published: Monday, 25 June 2018 21:07
- Written by Year Two
Wow! What beautiful weather we have had today for our sports day.
The children all participated in three races within their class, the bean bag throw, the sack race and of course the running race. All children showed fantastic enthusiasm and did our year group proud. Everyone was cheering each other on which created a lovely atmosphere. It was great to see so many adults come out to support the children and was good fun to see some of you in the adult races.
To quote one of our significant individuals we have been studying this term,
“I never lose, I either win or I learn”- Nelson Mandela
Year 2 Blog Posts
Helping at Home
Ways to help at home
- Read every day
- Practise your spellings and common exception words
- As you read spot the sounds in words, can you find digraphs (two letters that make one sound) and trigraphs (three letters that make one sound)?
- Count in 2s, 5s and 10s forwards and backwards
- Learn your number bonds for all numbers to 20 (e.g number bonds to 7 are 1+6, 2+5, 3+4, etc.)
- Practise telling the time to the hour, quarter past, half past, quarter to and as an extra challenge to 5 minute intervals (five past, ten past etc.)
- Practise letter formation using the correct pencil grip and develop fine motor skills (peg pressing, picking pasta shells/rice with tweezers)