In Year 2, the children develop their independent learning approaches within a supportive and considerate environment. The Year 2 team work closely together to create an exciting and connected curriculum that inspires children to embrace learning challenges.
2 Rousseau – Mrs Coleman and Mrs Hinde
2 Matisse – Miss McDonnell, Miss Peal and Miss Cressey
2 Monet – Miss Barker, Miss Heycock and Ms Gadd
· Reading books are changed every Tuesday and Thursday. Children need to bring their reading books to school each day.
· Children will visit the school library every Wednesday
· Our PE days are flexible so the days may change. Therefore, please ensure your child has their PE kit in school (clearly labelled) with trainers that they can fasten independently. In the colder months the children will need appropriate clothing for the cold weather.
· Super-Learner Mission books are due back on Thursday.
· Our weekly spelling quiz is on a Friday morning and the following week’s spellings will be handed out on Tuesdays.
You will find our curriculum information further down the page!
What an exciting day!
- Published: Sunday, 25 February 2018 15:19
- Written by Year Two
Year 2 had such an exciting day with the children's author M.P Robertson. Mark spent the day sharing his story writing process with us and discussing how he gets inpsiration for his ideas. We were also lucky do have an illustration workshop with him he learn how to draw a dargon. The children were very proud of their finished illustrations.
Thank you Mark for sharing your amazing enthusiasm to inspire the children's ideas. They are looking forward to writing their own dragon themed stories.
Year 2 Blog Posts
Helping at Home
Ways to help at home
- Read every day
- Practise your spellings and common exception words
- As you read spot the sounds in words, can you find digraphs (two letters that make one sound) and trigraphs (three letters that make one sound)?
- Count in 2s, 5s and 10s forwards and backwards
- Learn your number bonds for all numbers to 20 (e.g number bonds to 7 are 1+6, 2+5, 3+4, etc.)
- Practise telling the time to the hour, quarter past, half past, quarter to and as an extra challenge to 5 minute intervals (five past, ten past etc.)
- Practise letter formation using the correct pencil grip and develop fine motor skills (peg pressing, picking pasta shells/rice with tweezers)