Year 2 Blog Posts
What a wonderful end to the story. My favourite part was how the sea helped the bear travel home Sof...
We all enjoyed hearing this lovely story told by Eve.
Rebecca has really enjoyed doing arrays and find things around the house too!
We like Holly's expression when she was doing the 'bear hunt' challenge....
Daisie has acted this out for us this morning and she really enjoyed showing us the actions from the...
Helping at Home
Ways to help at home
- Read every day
- Practise your spellings and common exception words
- As you read spot the sounds in words, can you find digraphs (two letters that make one sound) and trigraphs (three letters that make one sound)?
- Count in 2s, 5s and 10s forwards and backwards
- Learn your number bonds for all numbers to 20 (e.g number bonds to 7 are 1+6, 2+5, 3+4, etc.)
- Practise telling the time to the hour, quarter past, half past, quarter to and as an extra challenge to 5 minute intervals (five past, ten past etc.)
- Practise letter formation using the correct pencil grip and develop fine motor skills (peg pressing, picking pasta shells/rice with tweezers)