A touch of Monet art
- Published: Sunday, 28 January 2018 20:53
- Written by Year Two
As part of our theme the children have been learning to paint in the style of Monet using the Tache technique which means touching the paper. On Thursday the children experimented with water colour paints and different brushes to create dabs and dashes. They explored using the brushes verically and horizontally to touch the paper and blend colours together.
Next week we will be continuing to use the Tache technique to create out own dragons which we will then use to help inspire our non- chronological writing on dragons in English.
The children have already decided what dragon they will be painting - we look forward to showing you our finished art work next week.
- Sketch book work Sketch book work
- Painting using Touche technique Painting using Touche technique
- Brush techniques Brush techniques
- Completed scales Completed scales
- Dragon scales Dragon scales